Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SPRING CLEANING!

It's almost spring, and that means it's time for spring cleaning. I've already taken down and washed half of the curtains in the house (I'll get around to the windows tomorrow) and washed the bedroom comforter and all of the throws. I still need to wash the rest of the curtains, the chair slipcover from the big brown chair, and bleach all of the white linens. My washing machine is getting quite a workout!
This year I divided my spring cleaning list up by room, then by task. Cleaning out the closets, cabinets, and fridge/freezer will take more time than say, dusting, so that's how I've prioritized. This year I'm on a bit of a modified schedule due to the fact that dh and I will be out of town this weekend on a mini-break (Vegas, baby!) and for the next few Thursdays (which are the days that I usually get a majority of cleaning done around the house) dh has out-of-town shows that I'll need to attend (in Manhattan and Brooklyn, which are out of town enough for me). My plan is to complete the cleaning before my mother, sister and I leave for our New York holiday on the 28th.
I'm blessed to have a small, simple house, especially this time of year, however lack of storage space can become a problem. I'm always looking for unique storage solutions, especially in my closet. And since we've been creating a "6-month" pantry, our kitchen cabinets need a bit of tending to! Any suggestions?
More on spring cleaning and time management to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment