Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mother's day and planting season


the little one at yankee stadium for her first jays game! she's wearing a "my first blue jays t-shirt" to match daddy's tattoo (and shirt, and hat)!

it's may in northwestern nj and that means a few things...mama's day, planting season, and my birthday! 26, however, is not really a milestone worthy of a huge celebration.
but mother's day was fun. first my sister and i dragged my mom to jazzercize where we had an awesome time and a really good workout. then my parents, my grandparents, my sis, dh & baby & i all had bagels and strawberries and chocolates and mimosas on my deck. then after that just the three of us went to jay and silent bob's secret stash in red bank and bought me some comic books and stickers for my car, and had wings and beer for dinner. sometimes my teddy really knows me. red bank is a little too fancy for me though. i'm pretty glad i was just passing through.
ted's mama's in the hospital right now. she had congestive heart failure that the doc diagnosed as an infection for like 2 months. if she hadn't seen another doctor this saturday, who knows what would have happened. but at least they know the problem now and she's feeling a little better. she's in our prayers. what a way to spend mother's day.
finally, the planting! we've planted our normal garden and are acquiring a larger portion of my parents yard to plant in as well! it's already about halfway dug, but isn't quite ready for planting yet. we are so excited to use our farming skills to take on this little mini-farm project! ted has been working at a hay farm off and on as weekend help, so this is really a good start for him.
more on that later. off to make matzo ball soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment